- Banff, Alberta, Canada Train Travel Options
- Canada Train Vacation Routes on the Rocky Mountaineer
- Canada Train Vacation Services on the Rocky Mountaineer
- Canadian Rockies Train Vacations
- Polar Bear Train Tours In Canada
- Canada Train Vacations as Honeymoons
- Vacations in Toronto, Canada by Train
- Tofino, British Columbia, Canada Train Vacations
- Travel by Train to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Halifax, Canada Train Vacations
- Visit The Polar Bear Capital Of The World On Canada Train Tours
- Travel in Style on the Royal Canadian Pacific Service
- Canadian Trains in Cinema and Literature
- Canadian Wilderness Tours by Train
- Train Tours to Canada's Hotel Vancouver
- The Chateau Lake Louise
- Canada's Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
- Canada's Chateau Laurier
- Quebec City, Canada's Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac
- Toronto, Canada's Fairmont Royal York Hotel
Want to travel to Canada?
Let us help you plan the trip of a lifetime and discover the breathtaking beauty of Canada.
Train Vacations in the Canadian Rockies
The Rocky Mountains are among the most spectacular, natural features in North America. This mountain range stretches over 4,800 kilometers (or 3,000 miles) from British Columbia, Canada, to the American state of New Mexico.
The Canadian Rockies are an incredible place to visit on Canada train tours; the region has some of the world's most awe inspiring scenery and a multitude of recreational opportunities in every season. The Canadian Rockies are regarded as a national treasure and have long been a popular destination for railroad vacation trips.
The area is home to several of Canada's national parks including the Banff and Jasper National Parks, as well as the towns of Jasper and Banff, which you can visit on rail tours through the Canadian Rockies. These parks in the Canadian Rockies are the site of attractions including the sparkling green Lake Louise, numerous glaciers, caves, waterfalls and of course the breathtaking mountain peaks of the Canadian Rockies. There are also historic hotels in the Canadian Rockies close to the railway including the Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta which provides comfortable accommodation for visitors. Many of these hotels were built by the Canadian Pacific railroad.
Spellbinding natural scenery is your backdrop for a variety of outdoor recreation. In the spring and summer, the Canadian Rockies are nothing less than a dream come true for nature lovers. On our Canadian summer train vacation packages to the Canadian Rockies you can also do these activities which are found in places close to the railroad:
- Golfing your choice of world class golf courses
- Canoeing the rivers of the Canadian Rockies
- Horseback riding in the Canadian Rockies
- Helicopter sightseeing tours of the Canadian Rockies
- Hiking & Backpacking – with a private Canadian Rockies guide if you wish
These are just some of the many outdoor activities available in the Canadian Rockies in warmer months. If you decide to take a winter vacation by train in the Canadian Rockies, you can enjoy:
- Skiing – the Canadian Rockies, skiing is the most popular winter recreational activity
- Snowboarding – try a 'ski or snowboard safari' by rail
- Ice fishing
- Heli-skiing in the Canadian Rockies
- Dog sledding – a great Canada vacation
- Ice climbing
This is just a sampling of the many outdoor activities you can enjoy in the Canadian Rockies in winter on one of our Canada winter rail tours & packages.
When you travel to the Canadian Rockies on a Canadian train vacation, simply getting there is half the fun! The Rocky Mountaineer Red Leaf rail service uses vintage train cars and is famous for being the most comfortable train ride you could possibly experience. With reclining seats, plenty of leg room to stretch out and relax and large windows to give you a one of a kind view of the spectacular Canadian Rockies on your Canada train tour, it's definitely a stylish way to travel on your Canada vacation
Canadian Train Vacations is here to help you book your perfect Canadian Rockies vacation by rail and there are many Canadian train vacation packages to choose from. If you have a different rail trips in mind, just contact us and we'll help you put together the Canadian train vacation you've always dreamed of – including Trans Canadian railroad trips across Canada.
Talk To A Travel Insider In Canada
Begin your journey and cover any questions you have on a chat with one of our friendly local insiders.
Read more about Our Team of knowledgeable Canadian experts who take care of all your travel details.
Now not a good time? Have us call you back.