What we love about this trip
• Vancouver, Whistler, Banff and Jasper National Parks
• 4 days aboard the Rocky Mountaineer
• The Whistler Mountaineer
• 5 days of Canada train travel
• Wide range of optional activities
Please note, like most of our Canada rail packages & tours, this railway vacation can be customized to your needs - just ask one of our local experts when you call.
Day 1 – Begin your Canadian Train Trip – Arrive in Vancouver
You can’t help but begin to unwind as your vacation in Canada begins in the west coast city of Vancouver. Surrounded by mountains and ocean, the air is fresh, the ambiance cool, and the locals are friendly. Explore Vancouver at your own pace, stopping at a sidewalk café to watch the world go by. Ask us to arrange one of the city tours available; or if you prefer independent travel, explore the city on bicycle or foot.
Day 2 – Whistler Sea to Sky Climb
You feel right at home onboard Rocky Mountaineer’s Whistler Train. You start the day off with the aroma of coffee and fresh orange juice as you relax in your modern train coach and wind along Canada’s west coast. Wander out to the open air observation car for your first taste of the fresh mountain air and breathtaking sights that await you on your Canadian Rockies train adventure.
Day 3 - Enjoy Whistler
The days is yours to enjoy beautiful Whistler. Get a broader view of Whistler’s stunning scenery with your peak to peak Gondola pass, where you can take a stroll through alpine meadows, full of wildflowers and framed by vast mountain ranges. Overnight in Whistler.
Day 4 – Onboard the Rocky Mountaineer – Whistler to Quesnel
Today your Canadian train vacation continues as you hear a lonesome wail sounds from the train’s whistle and the smell of fresh cooking eggs and bacon wafts through your car. Over coffee you chat with old friends, and get caught up staring out the window at winding lakeshores and the desert-like Fraser canyon. As you unwind that evening, you can’t help but wonder what new adventures you will find tomorrow during your holidays in the Canadian Rockies.
Day 5 – Onboard the Rocky Mountaineer – Quesnel to Jasper
This is the day you’ve been waiting for – the day you reach the breathtaking Canadian Rockies. Your first sight of the towering peaks is indescribable. You step off the train in Jasper and are overcome with the serenity of Canada’s legendary mountains. You’re on top of the Earth, far from the stresses at home, and ready to embrace the calmness of the Canadian Rockies.
Day 6 – Jasper Tour
Today you set out on a scenic tour of Jasper, in the heart of the Rockies. During the tour you’ll see the beauty of the surrounding lakes and rivers, learn about the natural history of Canada’s west coast, and breathe in the sights of the Canadian Rockies. A cruise on Maligne Lake will finish off this great tour.
Day 7 – Jasper to Lake Louise
Today you travel by coach along the spine of the Rockies on what is surely one of the most beautiful roads in the world - the Icefields Parkway. Stop to walk on the Athabasca Glacier and learn about its geology - and in late afternoon your Canada train trip brings you to the stunningly beautiful Lake Louise for your overnight stay.
Day 8 - Lake Louise to Banff
After enjoying Lake Louise, meander your way with a guide along mountain valleys to Banff - a lively mountain town with great restaurants and a low-key cowboy atmosphere. Enjoy strolling Banff Avenue or try one of the numerous outdoor adventures offered in this outdoor playground. Overnight in Banff.
Day 9 - Discover Banff
Wake up and fill your lungs with mountain air. Today you will meet a guide and small group, for a 3 hour tour highlighing the best of Banff. Take a short stroll to visit the Hoodoos - an incredible sandstone formation which also boasts stunning views of the Bow Valley. Continue to Lake Minnewanka and Johnstone Canyon, offering picture stops of many glacial lakes and thundering waterfalls, and hopefully the opportunity to see big horn sheep, moose, elk, deer and bear. Your tour ends at the Banff Gondola (admission included), or with a drop at your hotel. Guests choosing to go back to their hotel may use their Gondola admission later in the day.
Day 10 - Onboard the Rocky Mountaineer – Banff to Kamloops
Your second journey onboard the Rocky Mountaineer begins today. There’s a gentle pull as the train leaves Banff and the smell of breakfast wafts from the galley. The passing scenery is breathtaking; step out onto the outdoor viewing platform and feel the cool wind against your cheeks.
Day 11 - Canadian Rockies Train Adventure Continues – Kamloops to Vancouver
Back in your familiar seat on the Rocky Mountaineer train, you move from the arid interior of British Columbia to the coastal city of Vancouver and marvel at the diversity of the scenery you’ve seen during your Canadian train trip. Vancouver’s personality is just the kind of last stop you need on your holidays in Canada.
Day 12 - With Fond Memories Made – Depart Vancouver
Much too soon, you leave the clean air and colourful sights of Canada behind as your Canadian Rockies train vacation comes to an end.
Interested? Contact us to start customizing this trip today!
Here are just a few of the things to look forward to on this trip...
• 11 nights of hotel accommodation
• Half day journey on the Whistler Mountaineer, through the Sea to Sky Corridor
• 4 spectacular days on the Rocky Mountaineer train, between Whistler and Jasper, and Banff and Vancouver
• Whistler Peak to Peak Gondola Pass (starts running May 26)
• Nature tour along Maligne Valley, and a cruise on stunning Maligne Lake (starts running in early June)
• Small group sightseeing transfer along the Icefields Parkway, including a picnic lunch and a ride onto the Athabasca Glacier (private sightseeing for Deluxe Plus, with 55 minute heli-tour over the Columbia Icefields)
• Interpretive transfer between Banff and Lake Louise (private guided half day tour for Deluxe Plus guests, from July onwards)
• Small group sightseeing tour of Banff and it’s surroundings (3 hour)
• Banff Gondola Ride
• 5 delicious breakfasts and 4 lunches onboard the train
• A personalized pick up from your arrival airport (Vancouver)
• All train station transfers
• A personalized departure transfer, in time for your flight home
• Documentation package
• Friendly and dedicated Fresh Tracks Canada customer service
Customize this trip a little... or a lot
Think of this itinerary as just a starting point. Work with us to personalize this trip by adding some amazing side trips & activities, like...
• Upgrade, or mix and match hotel and lodge accommodations
• As us for first-hand advice on Rocky Mountaineer train upgrades
• Add a cruise to your trip, along Alaska’s Inside Passage
• Add a car rental to your trip, to take some time for independent exploration
• Extend your stay in the Canadian Rockies for such activities as guided walking, a round of golf, a thrilling helicopter ride, or simply enjoy some quiet time to relax.
• Ask us about the alternative of guided walking or bike tours in Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, or Quebec City
• Add a trip to Victoria, British Columbia’s quaint capital city and visit the Butchart Gardens
• Add nights in any location